Comment: SCRUBBY`S <span class="highlight">BOAT</span> <span class="highlight">LOADER</span>.

Submitted: Wednesday, Oct 16, 2013 at 16:57
ThreadID: 115206 Views:1119 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Scrubby and others, top answer and a good idea, was thinking on similar lines but didn't like to go ahead without some confirmation it would work. I have used the winch to get boat on by utilizing a tree to get the height but found that it put a lot of stress on the roof rack frame, hence asking the question EO. With your design you are still putting a lot of weight and stress on the frame, Mine is a home built roof rack on a ute which bolts to tray and I was thinking that it may be possible to put the weight and stress onto the tow bar by means of a T piece that fits on the tow ball with T end attached to the boat, as the winch pulls the weight of the boat is transferred to the tow bar, as the winch pulls it lifts the boat and by the time it is vertical it is just above roof rack and past the balance point. The same principal when unloading, pull the boat back (mine on Rollers) to balance point fit T piece and lower down to ground. I plan to put a roller on bull bar and one on cab roof rack plus have rollers on back, the one on the front to guide winch rope, ones on back to roll the boat. The T piece is one piece with one end coming out of Haymen reese fitting, then bolt the T piece so it swivals as the winch rope is engaged. Bit long winded but would this work????? I got the idea from a guy who just lifts his boat on with the aid of the T piece but he is younger and fitter I'm to old know and I damaged my shoulder last time I lifted boat on. Thanks for your design it solves the problem but just not happy with the weight on the ends of rack.
Cheers
Kev
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links